Pentax Optio WS80 Review
Digital cameras today have all sorts of functions, but no matter what your camera can do, if it’s waterproof, you’ve got yourself a deal that’s way better than if you just got an ordinary camera. And the Pentax Optio WS80 10MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Internal Optical Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD is the thing to go for.
The Pentax Optio WS80 is not just a digital camera that’s top of the range, but is waterproof as well. It will do all the things that modern cameras can do, and in addition to that it also does underwater photography. If you’re an underwater enthusiast, this camera will take perfect pictures. Even for just ordinary, everyday fun, this camera is much better than others in its range. Let’s have a look at why.
See the Pentax Optio Ws80 in action:
The cheapest price we could find for the Pentax Optio WS80 was on Amazon.Click here to check it out.
Features and Specifications
Pentax Optio WS80 10MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Internal Optical Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD
Features and Specifications
- You get 10 mega pixels under water, and that’s pretty good considering that most cameras that are not submersible will give you just around 12 mega pixels. Because you’re taking pictures under water, 10 MP is enough to take you clean, clear photos.
- You can go up to 5 feet under water and you still get perfect performance with the Pentax Optio WS80. It’s definitely not for use for diving and deep water activity, but if you’re taking pictures of anything under water that’s 5 feet or less, you will get great pictures.
- You can zoom up to 5 times on an image, and that’s pretty important in underwater cameras. Most of the time, underwater pictures tend to be of small creatures or little things so you need to get a bigger image to be able to view it clearly. The 5x optical zoom makes sure that you get pictures as close and as clear as you want them.
- The Pentax Optio WS80 is more than just a camera; you can use it to record short movies too. It does this on widescreen HD at 30 fps. This makes it fun especially when working little projects – you can record activity underwater and then combine the clips and edit them to a longer video.
- The Pentax Optio WS80 captures your images in SD/SDHC memory cards which means that you can replace accidentally erased images. It also means pretty large capacity.
- You get a perfect exposure in .03 seconds, and it will still images so that you can capture them without movement – it doesn’t take a picture until your image isn’t moving. You can also get 30 frames per second, pretty good performance for a camera its size.
- It also optimizes color for underwater shooting, something that many underwater cameras won’t do. You will usually have to edit the color of your images after you’re done taking them, but not with the Pentax Optio WS80.
Pentax Optio WS80 10MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Internal Optical Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD Reviews
Snorkellers and shallow divers are having a great time with the Pentax Optio WS80. It does just what it promises, and what they love about it the most, is the flexibility when it comes to just how much you can do with it.
The fact that it stills images is big with most users – most people want to take images of moving fish, and you can get those really nicely with the Pentax Optio WS80.
It’s also user friendly. There are many cameras in the market today that come with a lot of features but they can take you ages to figure out. Not this one – all the things that you can do with it are explained pretty clearly in the user manual.
An interesting review is from people with bad eyesight – because of the powerful zoom function, you don’t need to strain your eyes to see the image you’re going for, just zoom and you’ve got it.
Do we recommend it? By all means. We actually consider it the best when it comes to water proof cameras, and that’s not just because the Pentax Optio WS80 comes with so many features, but also because of the great amount of positive reviews this camera is getting.
Filed Under Pentax Optio WS80